Global Action Week for Education 2023:
GCE-US is joining other Global Campaign for Education regional and national coalitions across the world to mobilize for Global Action Week for Education (GAWE) 2023, an international campaign aimed at raising awareness and collective advocacy, mobilization, and campaigning to highlight the need for inclusive, quality, public education for all. The global theme for #GAWE2023 is Investing in a Just World: Decolonizing Education Financing.
Each week through the end of May, we invite you to join us for advocacy and mobilization, including participating in high-level coalition meetings, contacting your elected officials and U.S. members of Congress policymakers in support of global education funding and the READ Reauthorization Act, sharing a video or reel, and/or submitting an Action Blog! To get involved, please sign up here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GCE-US March 2023 Coalition Meeting
👏 Many thanks to all our fantastic speakers and participants at the March GCE-US Coalition Meeting!
We greatly appreciated hearing from the following speakers:
- Rachel Smith, Pyschosocial Support & Social and Emotional Learning Coordinator, Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
- Ayman Qwaider, Arabic Language Community Facilitator, Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
- Giulia McPherson, Director of Advocacy and Operations, Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
- Anne Hayes, Founding Partner & Executive Director, Inclusive Development Partners
- Nakaibale Lynda Eunice, Member, UNESCO SDG4 Youth Network
- Katie Loos, Graduate Student Fellow, Global Campaign for Education-US
If you missed the GCE-US March 2023 Coalition Meeting, please watch the recording here and subscribe to the GCE-US YouTube channel!
Thank you for joining the Inclusive Education & Early Childhood Community of Practice Meeting!
The Inclusive Education & Early Childhood Community of Practice extends a very special thank you to all speakers:
- Abebaw Abebe, Senior Program Manager, African Disability Forum
- Amba Salelkar, Senior Technical Advisor, International Disability Alliance (IDA)
- Liesbeth Roolvink, Deputy Technical Director of Inclusive Education, Sightsavers
- Maha Khochen, Inclusive Education Specialist, Education Cannot Wait (ECW)
- Umar Ahmad, Program Associate, development Research and Project Centre (dRPC)
- Zubaida Abdulsalam Onono, Program Officer on Education, development Research and Project Centre (dRPC)
If you missed the March 2023 Inclusive Education & Early Childhood Community of Practice Meeting, please watch the recording here and subscribe to the GCE-US YouTube channel!
Your actions and support make a world of difference.
We're grateful to our donors, supporters, coalition members, and partners!