- Register here for the Inclusive Education & Early Childhood Community of Practice on Wednesday, March 30th at 9:00 am ET.
- Join us for the next GCE-US coalition meeting during Global Action Week for Education on April 26th at 9 am ET.
- As we prepare for the Global Action Week for Education April 25-29, 2022, please let us know if your organization is planning any campaigns, actions, or advocacy opportunities, and email this information to Christa Giesecke at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2022.
Education in Emergencies and Response in Ukraine
Take Action: Your Voice Matters!
Please take action by contacting your members of Congress in support of global education. Now is a critical time to reach your Senators and Representatives, before funding levels are finalized. Thank you for your partnership, support, and advocacy!
Global Disability Summit 2022
Thank you to 188 governments and organizations who made over 1,200 commitments in support of people with disabilities at the Global Disability Summit 2022. All GDS commitments can be viewed here.
We are also thrilled to share that USAID Administrator Samantha Power announced 23 new commitments to improve the lives of people with disabilities. Please read the latest press release to learn more!
Global Disability Summit 2022 Event
Inclusive Education: Learnings from the GEM Report and COVID-19
The Inclusive Education: Learnings from the GEM Report and COVID-19 discussion shed light on the challenges and promising practices for inclusive education, based on the Global Disability Summit Inclusive Education Thematic Workshop and the Global Education Monitoring Report. Thank you to our co-hosts, Global Campaign for Education (GCE), GCE-Norway, CaNDER, Light for the World, Save the Children, and UNESCO Global Education Monitoring Report, and participants, for your engagement and partnership! A recording of the side event can be viewed here.
We appreciated hearing from the following speakers and presenters:
- Anna Cristina D’Addio, Senior Policy Analyst, Global Education Monitoring Report
- Nidhi Singal, Professor of Disability and Inclusive Education, University of Cambridge
- Seme Lado Michael, Disability Inclusion Facilitator, South Sudan
- Birgitte Lange, CEO, Save the Children Norway
- Josh Josa, Disability Inclusive Education Specialist, USAID
- Hanna Alasuutari, Global Thematic Lead for Inclusive Education, World Bank
- Nafisa Baboo, Director, Inclusive Education, Light for the World; Board Member, Global Campaign for Education; and Member, GEM Report Advisory Board
- Rafaat Sabbah, President, Global Campaign for Education
- Jennifer Rigg, Executive Director, GCE-US
We would like to extend a very special thank you to all speakers at our coalition meeting on March 2, Gloria Diamond (UN Girls' Education Initiative), Cristina Álvarez Álvarez (Global Campaign for Education Secretariat), Zein Nasser (Global Citizen), Dr. Rose Cardarelli (Education for All Coalition), Rachel Wisthuff (UNICEF USA), Chrissy Hart (Together for Girls), and Stephanie Peña (Global Campaign for Education-US), for leading an important discussion on Girls' Education, Education in Emergencies, and the Right to Education! Watch the recording here.
On March 1, the Global Campaign for Education launched the Protect Education in Emergencies Now! Campaign, which calls for urgent action and solidarity to protect education in emergencies. Read the Campaign Political Statement and Call to Action here.
We encourage you to help spread the word by sharing images and messages from the Social Media Toolkit and raise your voice to protect the right to education for millions of children and young people with the hashtag #ProtectEiENow!
We are grateful to our donors, supporters, coalition members, and partners!