Teacher Appreciation Week
Thank you to all the teachers and educators around the world for your efforts and commitment to ensure education for all. In the midst of COVID-19 and each day, you are heroes!
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week this week, please give today to ensure that all children have access to quality education.
Please Join Us:
Join the next Inclusive Education and Early Childhood Community of Practice session on May 20th, 10-11:30 AM ET to discuss family and caregiver support approaches, including the Caregiver Engagement and Family Literacy Concern Worldwide Program in Turkey, and adaptations during COVID. Please RSVP here by May 19th.
Give in Honor of Mother's Day
Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 9. Are you looking for a meaningful gift? Honor special people in your life with a gift dedication in their honor!
Global Action Week for Education Highlights
April 26 - 30
Thank you for making last week the best Global Action Week for Education yet! With your support, we advocate to ensure that all children and youth have access to quality, inclusive education each day.
Highlights from our campaigning and action together:
We hosted a high-level global event to kick-off Global Action Week for Education with speakers including:
- LeAnna Marr, USAID Acting Deputy Assistant Administrator & Acting Senior Coordinator for International Basic Education Assistance
- Yasmine Sherif, Education Cannot Wait Director
- Geoff Adlide, Global Partnership for Education Director - Advocacy and Communications
- Natasha Somji, ONE Senior Policy Manager - Education
- Mariana Palacios Valderrama, Magis Americas Communications & Global Citizenship Education Officer
- Rachel Wisthuff, UNICEF USA Public Policy and Advocacy Assistant Director
- Emily Laurie, GCE Global Campaigns Manager
>> All are invited to join in & watch the event here.
Twitter Chat: GCE-US led over 30 partners in the Global Action Week for Education Twitter Chat:
>> Join the groundswell of #OneBillionVoicesForEducation and add your voice using #GAWEchat
Instagram Takeover: Youth, teachers, and advocates around the world shared videos through the Instagram Takeover
>> Hear their recommendations for global and local leaders and help amplify their voices on Instagram.